The Stone Sacristy (in the middle of Porrassalmenkatu Street) is one of the well-known symbols of Mikkeli. The most recent studies suggest that the Sacristy was built at the turn of 15th and 16th centuries. It is the sacristy of an old church which was built in 1320s. The church was later demolished in 1769. The Sacristy was restored in 1900, and it has been used as a museum since 1930s. Today it is owned and managed by Museum Services of Mikkeli.
The Stone Sacristy exhibits religious items from Mikkeli and nearby municipalities, which date back to 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries. The collection was gathered by the Museum Association of Savonia in the beginning of 1930s.
The Stone Sacristy is open summertime: 27.6.–7.8.2022 daily 10-16.
Free entry on opening hours.
Distance from the centre of Mikkeli: 0km.
Porrassalmenkatu 32, 50100 Mikkeli
040 129 5090